Thursday, October 3, 2024

Stink - Celebrate The Fire CDep (Megalomania, 1993) (Remastered)



Despite the name, these guys don't actually smell like a huge fucking bag of rancid cat shit. Too graphic? I didn't choose this offensive band name! (Sorry, my writing skills are a little rusty.)

Based on an MRR review or ad, I believe I mailordered this ep directly from Megalomania Records, along with a 7" by their former labelmate, Strung Out. Hey, I wonder whatever happened to them!

Stink was from the Seattle area, but I'll refrain from inserting some comment about them eschewing the burgeoning grunge sound of the time. Oh wait.

But yes, Stink had more in common with other locals like Sicko or The Fastbacks. Conrad Uno of Egg Studios even produced this ep, as well as the aforementioned bands. Their closest comparison though would have to be Husker Du. A tight 3 piece playing melodic, not quite pop, punk with some nice lead guitars and 2 singers who trade off between somber and upbeat songs.

After this they put out a few 7"s (one on Mutant Pop for the pop punk heads) and 2 CDs on Allied Records. I had one of them remember not liking it as much as this ep, but after listening to this again, I'll have to fill the holes in my Stink collection. That's what she said! What?


01) Something Better
02) On The Outside
03) Diana
04) Happy
05) Don't Give It All Away
06) Never Will Forget
07) Are You Happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment