Monday, May 13, 2013

Check Out: TV Eye


Do you like The Dickies, The Vindictives, The Zero Boys and Supernova? Well you should, moron.

And since you do, these guys are right up your alley. This Swedish band plays short. snotty punk blasts (most songs around the 1 minute mark) with some of the goofiest lyrics I've ever read. Some examples:

Banana
Working on a plantation
picking bananas
Working for Fyffe
packing the banana

Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana
Fyffe times better
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana
Fyffe times better
It's a yellow curved fruit they call...BANANA!

Cuckoo-clock
Last week I divorced my wife
Now she's no mrs but a miss
all the cooking and cleaning
is now my business

I've bought a table and a fucking chair
and a cuckoo-clock...the price was fair
I have to buy a new home 'cause I was thrown out

Yep, those are all the words. You might not be scribbling their lyrics in your trapper keeper anytime soon, but the songs are catchy and fun, and there's a lot of them. One of their albums is available for "name your price" and another 10 song 7" is just $3. Definitely worth it for a smile and some toe taps.

No comments:

Post a Comment