Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Check Out: White Lung

If you haven't heard White Lung yet, their album Sorry is one of my favorites from this year. An awesome mix of garage rock, post punk and hardcore, with melodic female vocals and one of the more interesting guitar styles I can think of in a while. Breakneck jangle with plenty of cool intricate parts.

But if you need an introduction to the band, check out their new European tour 7" on bandcamp. The first song, "Two Of You," is my favorite by them so far. Fast and melodic with crazy, noodley guitars. I have a tiny toy guitar at my parents' house that makes a really similar sound to the guitar part in the song. The second song is no slouch either with discordant guitars and a slightly more aggressive approach, but just as catchy.

And you can't complain about 2 awesome songs for 2 dollars Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment