Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Best Of 2016



Well, it's February 8th of 2017, so this list is a bit overdue. As usual in part to do with my laziness. But partly because I can't be arsed (yeah, I have British friends) to come up with descriptions of a bunch of albums that I'm not sure I'll be listening to in 3 years time. Yeah, not to be a killjoy, but 2016 didn't have a huge musical impact on me. Maybe I haven't let some of the albums sink in yet, but there wasn't too much that bowled me over besides maybe 5 of the albums listed below. Wild Animals was definitely my fave of the year though. And of course I missed seeing them a couple weeks ago because I preferred getting drunk with my friends than sitting through a hardcore fest with 3 decent bands. So jaded, man.

So this year I present a list. Then I'll get back to posting way better bands from 20 years ago.

Did I mention jaded?


* Albums *

Accidente - Pulso

Bad Future - Bad Future

Bob Mould - Patch The Sky

The Celetoids - Pupal Stage

Chestnut Road - LP2

Dark Thoughts - Dark Thoughts

Death Pedals - Meat House

Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate

Direct Hit! - Wasted Mind

Duncan Redmonds - Honkypingpongseijinattack!!

Ekebuba - Rat Bite

Hot Mass - Nervous Tensions

Lumpy And The Dumpers - Huff My Sack


The Montell Jordans - Sweater Puppies

Nada Surf - You Know Who You Are

Nerf Herder - Rockingham

Not Scientists - Leave Stickers On Our Graves


Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate

The War Goes On - The War Goes On

Warsong - Control

White Lung - Paradise


* Eps *

Bikini Cops - Two

Dag Nasty - Cold Heart

Dangus Tarkus - Binky Boy


Pizzatramp - Two Quid Ten Minutes

Red Death - Deterrence

Red Hare - Lexicon Mist

Rendez-Vous - Distance

Shoplifters - Believe

Silent Era - Silent Era

Snuff - No Biting


* Reissues *

Dow Jones & The Industrials - Can't Stand The Midwest 1979-1981

No comments:

Post a Comment